What is the dismantle. Contest?
The dismantle. Contest is an opportunity to welcome ideas from young voices and minds about how we might literally dismantle. — take apart, break into pieces, deconstruct — racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, and all other forms of oppression.
What are the contest prizes?
There will be ten high school winners who will each be awarded $1,000 USD. The Young Adult Council will choose high school finalists.
By entering the dismantle. Contest (“Contest”), each individual who submits an entry (and their parent or legal guardian if the entrant is less than 18 years old) (“Entrant”) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. The selection of the Winners (defined below) of this Contest will be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are subject to change without prior notice.
- ENTRY PERIOD. The dismantle. Contest will begin February 20, 2023 at 12:00:00 am ET (“Start Date”). The Contest will close on April 10, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
- ENTRY ELIGIBILITY. Contest entries may be submitted by any individual, who, as of the Start Date, is: (1) enrolled in high school in the U.S. Sponsor and any other parties associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and their respective employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, you must (1) go to the Dismantle Contest website (2) upload your entry (as further described below); (3) complete the Entry Form; and (4) check the “Enter Contest” tag. Each Entry should express the Entrant’s idea and perspective for how to dismantle the ism’s, and be a piece of original art, whether in digital or print medium, including but not limited to, music, poetry, and photography. No part of the Entry may contain brand names or trademarks. All Entries must be high-quality, high-resolution images or sound clips of the Entry. Entrants may get help revising their project, but the Entry must be created by the Entrant. Entrants must secure consent from any individual (or in the case of a minor, such minor’s parent or legal guardian) whose photo or likeness appears in an Entry, and provide evidence of such consent in writing to Sponsor upon request. Limit 1 Entry per person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject and/or disqualify any Entry, subject, or related material that Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to be obscene, defamatory, profane, threatening, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, deceptive, bullying, or hate speech, or is otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards, audience expectations, or reputational interests or that Sponsor believes may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any Entry or related materials, request additional information, and disqualify any Entrant whose participation may subject the Contest, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s supporters to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule. Sponsor may disqualify any Entry, at any time, if it is determined, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion that the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
- CONTEST JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION. All Entries that meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be considered “Eligible Entries.” Eligible Entries from applicants enrolled in High School received during the contest period will be reviewed by the A Call To Men’s Young Adult Council committee. This council will review all Eligible Entries based upon the following criteria, which determination shall be in the Judging Panel’s sole discretion:
- Relevance to the theme of the “dismantle. Contest” and the mission of the dismantle. Contest, and
- Originality, creativity and emotional/inspirational reaction from the Entry (“Criteria”). The Judging Panel will select the respective winners from among the Eligible Entries. All high school winners will be notified by email or telephone after April 11, 2023. Each winner will have 72 hours (3 days) from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification and to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and where permitted, a publicity release. Noncompliance or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected at the Judging Panels’ sole discretion. Winners will be announced on the event webpage and the awards reception at the Annual Youth summit in NYC.
- Administering this Contest,
- Display during the Contest award ceremony, in Sponsor’s online gallery and public exhibition,
- Publication in print or online publications produced by Sponsor or Sponsor’s authorized partners, supporters, or sponsors,
- Publication on the event webpage, and (e) publicity materials (including social media). Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with use by Authorized Parties. If requested, Entrant agrees to sign any additional documentation for Sponsor and its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the Entrant is granting to Sponsor to use the Entry.
- Entrant further warrant and represent:
- that his/her/their Entry does not violate any law or regulation;
- that his/her/their Entry does not violate or infringe any right, of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, such as but not limited to, rights of copyright, trademark or patent, or rights of publicity and/or privacy, and is not defamatory, slanderous or libelous or portray any person in a false light;
- that the Entry is Entrant’s own original work and that he/she/they own or control all right, title and interest in the Entry, including but not limited to its copyright;
- that the Entrant has followed these Official Rules; and
- Entrant has obtained the consent of all identifiable persons (or their parent or legal guardian in the case of minors) included in the Entry for use in this Contest. No portion of the Entry may contain, among other things, the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party, and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. Submitting an Entry that is copyrighted by another individual will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you, and for indemnifying and defending any of the Authorized Parties, their successors, assigns and licensees from and holding them harmless against any claims asserted by third parties, which arise, directly or indirectly, out of, or any use or the ownership of, the Entry or the exercise of any other rights conferred under or arising out of this Contest, your Entry or these Official Rules. By entering, each Entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, and city and state address for publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to within Sponsor’s website, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and without notice, review or approval, and agrees to execute specific consent to such use upon request.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Each Entry must be the original work of the Entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Ownership of the copyright in any Entry submitted to the Contest will remain with the copyright owner. The creator will be credited with their name (© creator’s name). The Entrant agrees that the Contest Council will not be liable to the Entrant in the event of inadvertent omission of the credit.
- By entering the Contest, Entrants grant to A Call to Men, a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, publish, exhibit and communicate to the public, by any means and in all media throughout the world, any Entry this license is granted only for use in relation to the Contest and Young Adult Council, which shall include but will not be limited to any of the following areas:
- The Contest judging process by the Young Adult Council
- Display during the awards ceremony, online gallery & public exhibition
- Publication in print media or magazines which A Call to Men (or their official partners, supporters, or sponsors) may produce
- Publication on relevant parts of the Contest website, including within interactive elements available for viewing or download
- In publicity materials (including social media)
- All Entries selected as winners are intended for inclusion in the website, awards ceremony and awards ceremony publications.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ How do I enter the contest?
Enter your submission through this page.
+ Do I need to register?
No, you will receive a confirmation email once your submission is received. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – using the same email address that you used for your submission
+ Are there any other age or other restrictions?
No, there are no age restrictions. All US high school students are eligible to enter.
+ Do I have to pay to enter?
+ How many entries can I submit?
One entry per student.
+ What are the prizes?
There will be ten high school winners who will each be awarded $1,000 USD. High School finalists will be chosen by the Young Adult Council.
+ How do I know if my submissions have gone through and been accepted?
You will receive a confirmation email once your submission has been received. If you don’t get that email, reach out to email@example.com using the same email that you used for submission.
+ Can I change my selection of entries once they have been uploaded?
No, all submissions are final.
+ Can I enter an image that has already been used or published?
No, all entries must be original work that has not been published elsewhere.
+ How is the competition judged?
The competition is judged by our Young Adult Council. The council will choose a winner based on the guidelines provided.
+ What about intellectual property rights?
Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.